As the festive season approaches, it's crucial for property managers and real estate sales agents to gear up for the Christmas shutdown period. This time of year brings unique communication challenges and opportunities.
Ensuring that your clients - be they tenants, buyers, or sellers - are well-informed and feel cared for during this period can significantly enhance your professional reputation and client relationships. Let's delve into how you can get your communications ready for the holiday season.
1. Crafting the Perfect Out of Office Message
The first step in preparing for the Christmas shutdown is setting up clear and helpful out-of-office messages. This is not just a courtesy; it's a crucial part of maintaining trust and transparency with your clients. Your message should include:
- The exact dates of your holiday closure.
- An emergency contact number or an alternative point of contact for urgent matters.
- A warm, festive message that resonates with the holiday spirit.
2. Sending Merry Christmas Emails
A personalised Merry Christmas email is more than a festive greeting; it's an opportunity to strengthen your relationships with clients. These emails should:
- Be warm and genuine, reflecting the joy of the season.
- Include a brief update or a thank you note for their support throughout the year.
- Optionally, a look ahead at what's coming in the New Year.
3. Updating Your Website with Holiday Information
Your website is often the first port of call for information. Updating it with holiday-specific details is crucial. Ensure that your site:
- Clearly displays your Christmas shutdown period.
- Provides information on emergency procedures or contacts.
- Reflects a festive theme to engage visitors.
4. Update on multiple channels – utilise your social media!
Social media platforms are excellent tools for keeping in touch with clients during the holidays. Use these channels to:
- Share holiday greetings and festive content.
- Post reminders about important dates and changes in operation hours.
- Engage with your audience through holiday-themed posts or competitions. Speaking of competitions, follow Reapit ANZ on socials for your chance to win a Webber Barbeque in our upcoming Christmas competition!
5. Preparing Tenants and Clients for the Holiday Period
Communication with tenants and clients before the holidays should be comprehensive. This includes:
- Reminders about rent payments and processing delays due to public holidays.
- Information on how to handle property issues during the shutdown.
- Tips for property care and security during the holiday season.
6. Emergency Contact and Support
Despite the shutdown, emergencies can occur. Ensure that your clients have access to:
- A clear protocol for handling emergencies.
- Contact details for emergency services or support.
- Information on how and when to reach out for urgent issues.
7. Personalised Messages and Gifts
Consider sending personalised messages or small gifts to your most loyal clients or long-term tenants. This can:
- Foster goodwill and strengthen your professional relationship.
- Show appreciation for their business and loyalty.
- Stand out in your clients' minds as a thoughtful gesture and contribute to maintaining a long-term client.
Personalised Gift Ideas
- Customised calendars with key dates for your client pre-marked.
- Personalised drinkware (coffee mug, travel mug, tumblers, etc).
- Monogrammed Tech Accessories (e.g. engraved laptop sleeve)
- Gift Baskets (be sure to pack their favourite snack or colour)
- Personalised Artisanal Gifts such as soaps, candles, or other handy items. As a bonus support a local small business!
- Customised Stationery such as a notebook or planner with the clients' initials or an embossed / engraved pen.
- General Holiday Greetings: Wishing you and your team a joyous holiday season filled with warmth, laughter, and shared moments of happiness. Thank you for a wonderful year!
- Expressing Gratitude: This festive season, we extend our heartfelt thanks for the trust you've placed in us. Your partnership is the greatest gift, and we look forward to serving you in the year ahead.
- Looking forward to the New Year: Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with new opportunities, continued success, and prosperity. We're excited about what we can achieve together in the coming year!
- Holiday Wishes: May the holiday season bring you moments of joy and relaxation. Whether you're celebrating with family, friends, or colleagues, may it be filled with the things that matter most to you.
- Reflecting on the Journey: This holiday season, let's cherish the shared moments that made this year memorable. Thank you for being a valued part of our journey. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
The Christmas shutdown period is a time for rest, but it's also a crucial period for maintaining and strengthening client relationships. By effectively managing your communications - from out-of-office messages to website updates and festive emails - you can ensure that your clients feel valued and well-informed.
Remember, the key to successful holiday communication is a blend of professionalism and warmth. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your clients enjoy a seamless experience, even during the festive shutdown period.
Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year from the team at Reapit!